SAN FRANCISCO, April 20, 2011 – eXo, a provider of Java portal and user experience technologies, and Netvibes, the global leader in dashboard intelligence solutions, today announced a partnership that puts the rich but simple development environment of eXo IDE into the hands of Netvibes developers. Netvibes has integrated eXo IDE into Netvibes Studio, announced this week.
- eXo IDE is the development environment that is available in eXo Platform, allowing developers to customize social intranets and websites. eXo offers a single environment for wiring REST services, HTML5, Gadgets and structured content to create rich mashups and web applications on the fly.
- Netvibes powers dashboard intelligence for many of the world’s top agencies, brands and enterprises, serving up half a billion widgets per month. Through this partnership, enterprise developers now have dedicated environment to rapidly develop multi-platform apps and seamlessly integrate third-party application data. With Netvibes Studio, they can now “build once and run everywhere” by creating universal Web apps (UWA) that can run on virtually all major Web and mobile platforms. Now Enterprises can quickly create custom mashups and widgets that can access the information users need to collaborate and make business decisions on the Web or on the go from Netvibes’ real-time business dashboards.
- Developers can see Netvibes Studio in action with several new resources available on the eXo Resource Center. Learn how to build a Netvibes widget that will display valuable email marketing metrics in this video demo and tutorial.
Benjamin Mestrallet, eXo founder and CEO: “eXo is pleased to forge this partnership with Netvibes to bring the power and agility of our IDE to that community. Since we first created eXo IDE—as a useful tool to benefit our eXo Platform customers and, more recently, as a multitenant cloud service—developers worldwide have recognized just how easy it can be to create apps, mashups and gadgets on the fly. This partnership affirms the R&D we have put into creating eXo IDE.”
Freddy Mini, Netvibes CEO: “Netvibes Dashboard Intelligence lets organizations listen to everything, learn from everyone and act in real-time—anytime, anywhere with our powerful business dashboards. We already offer a built-in library of nearly 200,000 apps and offer custom development so organizations can monitor and manage virtually any popular cloud service or professional app. Netvibes Studio goes a step further by enabling enterprises rapidly create their own mashups and apps that integrate directly with their data systems, thanks to the power of eXo IDE and Netvibes UWA (universal Web app) technologies.”
Additional Online Resources
- Video: Creating a widget with Netvibes Studio
- Tutorial: Integrating third-party data in a Netvibes widget
- eXo blog post on “The Modern Enterprise Dashboard“
- Overview eXo Platform 3.0
Founded in 2005, Netvibes (http://business.netvibes.com) pioneered dashboard publishing, user personalization and universal Web apps (UWA). Today, Netvibes is the leading dashboard intelligence platform for the real-time Web.
For consumers, Netvibes.com is the most awarded dashboard engine that helps millions of people around the world instantly dashboard everything that matters to them most. For organizations and enterprises, Netvibes Dashboard Intelligence solutions transform the chaotic real-time Web into tangible business information, expert knowledge and automated business processes.
Netvibes powers dashboard intelligence and Web apps for more than 1,500+ of the world’s leading brands, interactive agencies, government organizations, non-profits and enterprises–serving more than half a billion Web apps every month. Netvibes has offices in Paris, London and San Francisco.