Out of the Box Social Intranet Built on Elastic and Multi-tenant eXo Platform
- For end users: cloud-based service for instant access to social networking tools
- For IT: integrate with existing infrastructure; scale in the cloud or on-premises
- Free access to the beta at http://www.cloud-workspaces.com/
SAN FRANCISCO — April 10, 2012 — eXo, the user experience platform-as-a-service (UXPaaS) company, today opened access to the public beta of eXo Cloud Workspaces, a new cloud-based service that integrates social business and enterprise collaboration features in a single on-demand offering. The beta release of eXo Cloud Workspaces is offered free of charge, and users can sign up for accounts at www.cloud-workspaces.com/.
With all the hype surrounding social business, companies are pushing to deliver more interactive, engaging tools for employee communication. Yet in reality, turning social features into a true social intranet requires integration with existing infrastructure and information. Standalone social tools, whether delivered as expensive social business software or web-based activity streams, may provide a temporary stopgap for users, but also introduce security, integration and manageability issues for IT.
eXo Cloud Workspaces bridges the gap between social networking features and enterprise requirements. eXo Cloud Workspaces enables a team to set up a complete social intranet instantly. Within a single intranet, groups can create separate collaboration environments, with document management, wikis, communities and group calendars. In addition, business applications can be integrated within built-in social activity streams, pushing relevant notifications to users for real-time interaction.
“Adoption of social enterprise technologies has created a serious power struggle between end users and IT,” explains Benjamin Mestrallet, founder and CEO of eXo. “With eXo Cloud Workspaces, we remove that tension. We give users the freedom to self-serve in the cloud, and the robust collaboration tools to be productive. At the same time, IT can maintain centralized access to enterprise information, with the opportunity to scale horizontally, either on-prem or in the cloud.”
The Platform Foundation
The critical distinction separating eXo Cloud Workspaces from other offerings is the robust horizontal platform on which the service is based — eXo Platform 3.5. eXo Cloud Workspaces is a hosted implementation of a feature-complete social intranet based on eXo Platform 3.5, a multi-tenant user experience platform-as-a-service (UXPaaS).
As an organization grows, an intranet created in eXo Cloud Workspaces can be migrated from the public cloud and deployed to eXo Platform 3.5, where it can scale to enterprise size as an on-premises or private cloud-based solution.
eXo currently serves several hundred large enterprises worldwide in government, financial services, and insurance — including NATO, U.S. DoD, France Ministry of Finance, HSBC, Caixa Bank, Allianz and Generali — and even more organizations through its strategic partnership with Red Hat. Through these customer relationships, eXo understands the importance of a flexible enterprise collaboration platform that can support a wide range of use cases, including employee intranets, customer-facing extranets and more.
Out of the Box Enterprise Features
eXo Cloud Workspaces offers a complete social intranet in the cloud. Enterprise features include:
- Document management: organize, version, tag, store and share documents
- Built-in collaboration apps: enterprise-grade wiki, communities, group calendars and more
- Social networks: real-time activity streams for connections and teams
- Native mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices: secure access to personalized dashboards, documents, activities and more
Integrate Business Applications for Greater Productivity
Developers can customize and extend the capabilities of eXo Cloud Workspaces with the built-in integrated development environment (IDE). For more advanced integration requirements, eXo Platform 3.5 offers a way to integrate existing applications and enterprise content with social tools, in a single access point for users.
Pricing and Availability
eXo Cloud Workspaces, currently in public beta, is offered free of charge. Organizations can start creating their own enterprise social networks today. To sign up, visit www.cloud-workspaces.com/.
Additional Online Resources
- What you can do with eXo Cloud Workspaces
- Discover eXo Platform 3.5 in three minutes
- eXo CTO gives a full-feature tour of eXo Platform 3.5
- What’s new in eXo Platform 3.5
- eXo Platform 3.5 datasheet
- eXo Platform 3.5 features table
- New eXo White Paper Showcases the Value of Social Intranets to the Enterprise
- eXo Platform 3.5 Now Available: First Cloud-Ready Enterprise Portal and User Experience Platform-as-a-Service (UXPaaS)
- eXo Cloud IDE Gives Developers an On-Ramp to VMware Cloud Foundry PaaS