GateIn, the open source portal framework developed by eXo and Red Hat, provides a foundation for developers to build and deploy portal-based applications. By adding Web Content Management (WCM) functionality and gadgets, these applications can be extended to allow end users to create and publish their own content, without having to know the inner workings of the portal infrastructure.
Developers can easily gain these capabilities with eXo WCM, which is tuned and optimized for the GateIn portal framework. Together, eXo WCM and GateIn can be used as a platform for integrating applications as well as managing and publishing content – all from a single, familiar console.
Join Benjamin Paillereau, product manager of eXo WCM, as he demonstrates how to get native WCM features inside GateIn. Sample use case scenarios and a live demo will also be provided.
Through the presentation and demo, attendees will learn:
- How to set up a workflow process for getting content created, edited, approved and published
- How to customize this workflow for the unique needs of the content author, the publisher and the site visitor
- How to create a simple portlet to take advantage of extended publication features
- How to extend the publication process with UIExtension Framework
- How to use REST services to add authoring to a personal dashboard
Live eXo Webinar, Wednesday 7 July, 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm GMT, register you seat now!