eXo and BonitaSoft Tighten Integration Between BPM and Document Management
SAN FRANCISCO, May 25, 2011 – eXo, a provider of Java portal and user experience technologies, and BonitaSoft, the leading provider of open source business process management (BPM) solutions, today announced an expanded partnership. BonitaSoft will integrate eXo’s xCMIS technology into the new release of Bonita Open Solution (BOS), while the new eXo Platform for Bonita will offer BOS users advanced content management capabilities, an enhanced user experience, and seamless integration with existing workflows.
- BonitaSoft has integrated xCMIS, eXo’s implementation of the Content Management Interoperability Specification (CMIS), into Bonita Open Solution 5.5, also released today. Bonita Open Solution features Document Management, offering customers native tools for managing documents within processes.
- BonitaSoft customers who require more advanced content management capabilities can easily plug into eXo Platform for Bonita. This customized package of eXo Platform 3, the company’s user experience platform (UXP) which integrates content management, collaboration and social into a single portal-based offering, includes a set of gadgets, portlets and documentation to facilitate a seamless integration with BOS.
- eXo Platform for Bonita provides customers with complete enterprise content management capabilities; support for CMIS allows eXo to easily plug into an existing implementation of Bonita Document Management solution.
- Bonita Open Solution can be integrated with an eXo-based portal as a set of gadgets. Users can view and interact with the workflows assigned to them, monitor process execution updates in activity streams, or create new business processes – all directly from their social intranet homepage.
Benjamin Mestrallet, eXo founder and CEO: “We’re excited to be broadening our partnership with BonitaSoft and in the process delivering more value to our customers. Integrating workflows can enhance eXo-based websites and social intranets, while BonitaSoft users now have an easy way to expand and customize their process-based applications with rich user experience services.”
Miguel Valdes Faura, BonitaSoft co-founder and CEO: “BonitaSoft and eXo have been complementary technologies for nearly two years; through this expanded collaboration, we’re thrilled to deliver more value to our customers. By leveraging eXo’s xCMIS in Bonita Open Solution, we are able to offer our users key new features like advanced document management capabilities and a built-in content repository.”
Additional Online Resources
- Read more about the eXo-BonitaSoft interoperability
- Watch a video demo showing the integration between eXo Platform and Bonita Open Solution
- Register for the live webinar “Bonita + eXo: Integrating BPM and Content Management”
- Overview of eXo Platform 3.0
- Evaluation download of eXo Platform 3.0
- Download Bonita Open Solution
BonitaSoft is the leading provider of open source business process management (BPM) software. Created in 2009 by the founders of the Bonita project, BonitaSoft is democratizing the use of BPM in companies of all sizes with an intuitive and powerful solution at an optimum cost. The Bonita solution has been downloaded more than 750,000 times to date by companies and organizations worldwide. For news and updates from BonitaSoft, follow @BonitaSoft.