San Francisco, 2nd September 2020. eXo Platform, the digital workplace software platform provider, announces the general availability of its latest major version: eXo Platform 6.0.
This new release comes with a new design, a revamped user experience and a host of new features and apps centred around the platform’s four main pillars: communicate, collaborate, empower and reward.
- A newly designed homepage, labelled Snapshot,gives users a snapshot of the latest corporate news publications and a dashboard of tailored relevant key figures, documents, current tasks and events.
- The user’s social activity stream, which used to make up the homepage by default in previous versions of eXo Platform, has now been moved to its own dedicated “Stream” page.
- Additionally, the user can now change his/her default landing page from the site’s homepage to another page (such as the stream page or the homepage of a space).
- A News module, which allows corporate communication professionals to create, publish, share and manage content publications in an easy and straightforward way and that requires no particular CMS training. The module also allows content curation from internal sources.
- An App Center feature, which provides users with a personalisable application launcher menu and a full-featured application centre. It aims to help organisations to centralise and facilitate access to their business applications from within their digital workplace solution’s interface.
- The ability to bind members of a space to a user group (including an Active Directory group), which can enable the automatic adding/removal of the members of a space.
- The ability for users to attach and share files from cloud locations, including from Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive.
New design and user experience
- A redesigned user profile interface for extra fields (such as the user’s department, location) and a better and more mobile-friendly look
- Redesigned people directory and space directory interfaces for a better and more mobile-friendly look
- A revamped interface for the activity stream’s composer, with a new design and improved extensibility.
- A redesigned global search function for fast, accurate and well-laid-out search results.
- Several other user experience and technical performance improvements.
About eXo Platform
With an ecosystem of 100,000+ community members and hundreds of successful deployments worldwide, including the US Department of Defense, NATO, UCLA, Generali and the European Investment Bank, eXo is the largest open source provider of digital workplace solutions for enterprises and governments.
eXo helps organisations of all sizes engage their workforces and transform their employee experience with its innovative, extensible and interoperable collaboration software platform and wide range of services built around it.
For more information about eXo, visit www.exoplatform.com.
Press Contacts for eXo Platform:
Veronika Mazour: +14153749109, firstname.lastname@example.org